Tuesday’s Nor’easter has not arrived but has already closed town offices, and postponed events.
The Watertown Public Schools will have a snow day on Tuesday, according to the district website.
The Town of Watertown announced that Town Hall, the Watertown Free Public Library and the Senior Center will be closed Tuesday, and Tuesday night’s Town Council meeting has been postponed. It will be rescheduled to Thursday, March 15 at 7:15 p.m.
Also, the Watertown High School’s boys basketball team’s state semifinal will be postponed and moved. The game was moved to Burlington High School at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
A winter weather event is predicted with high winds and 10 plus inches of snow accumulation. The Superintendent of Public Works has declared a snow emergency effective 11:00 p.m. Monday, March 12, 2018 and will remain in effect until further notice.
Parking Ban – On street parking will be banned and any motor vehicle left on the street will be subject to towing until further notice.
Winter Off-Street Parking – Residents are urged to use designated off street parking areas as listed below:
• Police Station at 552 Main Street
• Any public school parking lot
• Marion Road at Victory Field
• The lot at Boylston Street and Mt. Auburn Streets
Please remember – during a snow event, any vehicle parked at a school facility must be removed no later than 6 a.m. the day school resumes.
Trash/Recycling Collection – Trash and Recycling will be postponed one day for the remainder of the week (For example, Tuesdays trash and recycling will be collected Wednesday, Friday’s will be collected Saturday).
• During a storm travel conditions can be extremely poor and residents are advised to remain in-doors.
• Please assist the Public Works, Fire and Police Department by keeping vehicles off the street and allowing our streets to be de iced and cleared from snow.
• Be patient as snow plowing operations are extremely difficult and time consuming.
• Please assist us in protecting your neighborhood by shoveling out the fire hydrant/drainage catch basins closest to your home or business.
• Remember the Public Works snow plow operators are working through extremely poor weather conditions trying to make every street accessible for public safety.
• Please do not attempt to stop the snow plow!