Find out about Watertown’s Stormwater Management Plan at the next meeting of the Stormwater Advisory Committee the information provided by the Department of Public Works below.
The Watertown Stormwater Advisory Committee will meet on Thursday, April 25 at 7 p.m. in the Lower Hearing Room in Town Hall.
Come to learn more about the Town’s program for managing stormwater runoff and to help us update our Stormwater Management Plan.
- Learn about stormwater runoff and its impact to the Charles River
- Hear how the Town regulates stormwater runoff from development
- Contribute to the Town’s Stormwater Management Plan
- Brainstorm ways to engage Watertown about stormwater
Stormwater from Watertown’s drainage system flows directly into the Charles River without treatment and contributes to pollution in the river. The EPA requires the Town to take certain measures to control and treat stormwater runoff. The Town’s approach consists of 6 elements:
- Public Education
- Public Involvement
- Construction Runoff Control
- Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination
- Post-construction Stormwater Management
- Pollution Prevention
See the Stormwater Management Plan by clicking here. Look under 2016 General Permit—April 2019
For more information on Stormwater in Watertown, go to http://www.watertowndpw.org/161/Stormwater-Management