The following announcement came from MassDOT:
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced that the Ted Williams Tunnel in Boston, which carries vehicles traveling on I-90, will be closed to all vehicular traffic during overnight hours on most nights next week.
These closures will be implemented on evenings between approximately 11:30 p.m., and 5 a.m., and are necessary to allow crews to safely and effectively conduct milling, paving and concrete repair operations.
During these overnight closures, vehicles will be detoured to the Sumner Tunnel and trucks will be directed north on Route 1A to the Tobin Bridge. The full dates of these overnights closures are as follows:
• Evening of Monday, June 3
• Evening of Tuesday, June 4
• Evening of Wednesday June 5
• Evening of Friday, June 7
• Evening of Saturday, June 8
Signage and messaging will be in place to notify drivers of these operations. MassDOT encourages the public to be mindful of potential traffic impacts. Those traveling through the area should reduce speed and use caution. The schedule for this work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visitwww.mass511.com,a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.