Police Log: Man Threatens Police, 3 Vehicles Vandalized, Bicycles Stolen


The following information was provided by the Watertown Police Department.


June 3, 7:04 p.m.: An officer a man on a motorcycle heading north on Spring Street following very close to the vehicle in front of it. Then the motorcycle illegally passed the vehicle. Police stopped the motorcycle at Spring and Palfrey streets. After being stopped, the rider immediately became agitated, and began yelling and threw his hands in the air. Officers found the rider was not licensed to operate a motorcycle. He said to police, “This is f—-ing ridiculous, you guys are pigs.” Police handcuffed him and placed him in custody. The man said, “Take these off and I’ll F— you up,” and threatened to punch them. The 35-year-old Somerville man was a arrested on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and disorderly conduct and was cited for following too close and marked lanes violation.

June 4, 2:12 a.m.: A man came into the police station to turn himself in. He was wanted on two warrants from Waltham District Court. The 22-year-old Watertown man was arrested on the warrants, one for malicious damage to a motor vehicle and threats to commit a crime, and the second for a probation violation.

June 5, 6:20 a.m.: A green Toyota Camry was spotted going through a red light at Galen Street and Morse Street. The driver then made a left on Main Street on a red arrow, and was also speeding. He was stopped near Church Street. The driver admitted he was not paying attention because he was on his phone. He also said he used narcotics the night before (fentanyl and heroin) and police found Klonopin in the car. The 36-year-old homeless man was arrested on charges of reckless operation of a motor vehicle, driving under the influence of drugs, possession of a Class C drug, an inspection sticker violation, speeding and two stop light violations.

June 8, 3:18 a.m.: An officer monitoring traffic on North Beacon Street near Irving Street when he saw a Kia going 51 miles per hour. The vehicle was stopped and the driver showed signs of impairment, including as strong odor of alcohol on his breath. The driver admitted to drinking before driving. He failed four field sobriety tests. The 30-year-old man from Asbury Park, N.J., was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding.


June 3, 1:32 p.m.: A resident reported that a package had been confirmed delivered by the U.S. Postal Service to a home on Fayette Street, and when she got home 20 minutes later it was gone. She believed it was taken between 4:40 p.m. and 5 p.m. on May 30. The package contained $150 worth of women’s clothes.

June 4, 8:47 p.m.: A man reported his credit card had been used fraudulently. Two charges were found, one for $105 and a second for $91. He is not sure how the card got compromised.

June 5, 1:36 p.m.: A bicycle was stolen from Watertown Street. It had been chained to a stair railing, and is believed to have been stolen between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. The bike was a 27-speed Giant Talon mountain bike worth $700.

June 7, 8:39 p.m.: A woman said her bicycle had been taken from outside the front entrance of the Arsenal Mall near Marshall’s. She locked to a trash barrel at 6:45 p.m. and when she returned at 8:20 p.m. the chain was cut and the bike was gone. The Fuji bicycle with a white decal that said “Police” was a gift from a friend in California, and was worth $1,500.

June 8, 10:26 a.m.: A lacrosse net and a Franklin lacrosse pitch-back net were taken from a home on Sidney Street. They were worth a combined $400.

June 9, 9:05 a.m.: Three vehicles were vandalized while parked in the driveway of a two-family home on Edenfield Avenue. Both passenger-side tires on a Volkswagen Jetta were slashed, the two driver-side tires on an Audi were slashed, and a Mercedes had its two passenger-side tires slashed, scratches on the paint, black paint was sprayed on the hood, and the front windshield was smashed and a brick was found lying on the glass. A fourth vehicle was not damaged. The residents believed it happened between 1 a.m. and 4 p.m. and they are not sure who would have vandalized their vehicles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *