Parts of a 2.5 story home in East Watertown were damaged by a fire on Sunday morning, and one firefighter suffered an injury.
The alarm came in at 8 a.m. on Sunday, June 23 for the home at 51 Quimby Street, according to Watertown, and Deputy Fire Chief Ryan Nicholson, the incident commander, called for a second alarm at 8:13 a.m.
The fire did extensive damage to the third floor apartment in the home, and the other two floors had smoke and water damage, according to the report released by Watertown Fire Chief Bob Quinn.
View this post on Instagram
This morning Group 2 responded to a structure fire on Quimby Street. Two alarms were ordered by Deputy Chief Nicholson to control the blaze. All occupants evacuated safely. Thanks to Boston Sparks, and mutual aid companies from @cambridgemafiredepartment , @newtonfiredept , Belmont Fire and @waltham_fire_department Photo credit: @firstduephotos and Darshna Varia
One firefighter suffered injuries during the incident.
“He was treated and released from Mount Auburn Hospital,” Quinn said.
An overheated fan motor caused the fire, according to the Fire Department.
The Watertown Fire Department received mutual aid assistance from the Cambridge, Belmont, Newton and Waltham fire departments, and the Boston Sparks incident support team also responded to the scene.