Watertown Firefighter Douse House Fire, Caused $60K in Damage

Print

Watertown Firefighters quickly doused a fire that began in the attic of a home on Wilson Avenue.

The fire was called in on Jan. 10, 2020 at 2:03 p.m, and the Fire Department called a working fire at 2:10 p.m.

“The fire department was notified of the fire early on by an occupant which led to a quick extinguishment with minimal damage,” according to a post on the Watertown Fire Department.

The fire was caused by a faulty electrical fixture, according to the Watertown Fire Department.

No one was hurt in the fire, but the second floor residents had to relocate for one night.

The fire caused approximately $60,000 in damage, which was mostly contained to the attic, the fire report said. The first and second floors sustained water and smoke damage.

4 thoughts on “Watertown Firefighter Douse House Fire, Caused $60K in Damage

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *