The following information was provided by the Watertown Recreation Department:
The Watertown Recreation Department is now accepting applications for the following positions for the 2020 calendar year. This includes immediate employment as a part time member of the staff throughout the year or seasonal work during the summer months. Applicants must be entering the 9th grade (Fall 2020) or older to be considered.
Positions Available: Program Directors, Program Supervisors, Program Staff, Program Counselors, Counselor in Training, Nurse, Specialists, Pequossette Staff, Park Instructors, Program Staff, Park Rangers, Coaches and Scorekeepers.
If you are looking for employment to begin before the summer season, please complete your application and an interview will be scheduled with the Director of Recreation.
For all new applicants, the following documentation must be completed and returned to the Watertown Recreation Department as soon as employment is desired on or before Friday, March 20, 2020.
Applications could be accepted after this date depending on need, but cannot be guaranteed.
• Cover Letter (Word Document/PDF)
• Current Resume (Word Document/PDF)
• Letter of Reference (Word Document/PDF)
• Application for Employment – Recreation Section Included
• All new candidates will be interviewed by the Director of Recreation
• All seasonal employees must provide documentation for First Aid, AED and CPR
• New hires will have 6 months from their date of employment to complete First Aid, AED and CPR Certification
o The Watertown Health Department offers First Aid, CPR and AED classes
• All applicants will also complete CORI and SORI forms, and other documents as part of the application process.
Applications will not be considered until all documents are completely filled out. All new applicants will be interviewed by the Director of Recreation, Peter Centola, once your application packet is complete.
Positions will be open until filled and candidates must be available to work on the days and times required of the position. Most positions will be filled by Friday April 24, 2020 or sooner.
Send all correspondence to:
Peter Centola, Director of Recreation
149 Main Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Feel free to email the application as a WORD, PDF or scanned document. This method is preferred. No Google Docs. For more information, please contact the Watertown Recreation Department at 617-972-6494 or email email@example.com.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
See the application packet here: