Man Hole Cover Blown Off on Galen Street, Power Out in Area

Print More

A man hole cover was blown off by a fire on Galen Street near Morse Street on Saturday afternoon.A fire was reported in the manhole. The Watertown Fire Department was called and looked for possible extension of flames into the basements nearby homes but did not find any fire in the homes.

A witness reported seeing flames coming out of the manhole, which is located near the Newtown House of Pizza.

The incident also took out power on parts of Galen Street, including the lights at Galen Street and Nonantum Road and Galen Street and Morse Street.

NStar and National Grid have been called, but could take an hour or more according to scanner reports.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *