Police Log: Man Urinates in Front of Officers, Counterfeit Cash Found

Print More

The following information was provided by the Watertown Police Department.


Nov. 18, 7:06 p.m.: Police were called to Target because a man was found lying in the mulch bed outside the store. When officers arrived they found the man who was conscious and alert, but appeared to be under the influence of alcohol. The man became belligerent and used obscenities when speaking with Police, as shoppers went in and out of the store, and created a disturbance. Police found that the man took 16 Nightshift beers, valued at $52.76, but officers only recovered 13. As Police spoke further with the man, he began to urinate on a shopping carriage, and exposed himself while doing so. The 24-year-old Everett man was arrested on charges of disturbing the peace, indecent exposure and shoplifting by concealing merchandise.


Watertown Police received 31 reports of unemployment fraud during the week of Nov. 16-22.

Nov. 17, 5:15 p.m.: Residents of an apartment building on Arsenal Street found a stack of $100 bills in the parking garage elevator, and reported it to police. The stack had a label on it saying “$20,000.” Police examined the bills and determined they were counterfeit. Police are working with the Secret Service on the investigation.

Nov. 19, 12:26 p.m.: Recreation Director Peter Centola reported that someone had put graffiti on a storage container at the Victory Field baseball field. Three garage doors had writing on them. The vandalism is believed to have occurred between Nov. 16 and 19. Police are investigating.

Nov. 19, 4:37 p.m.: The owner of a 2013 Toyota Camry reported damage to the vehicle. It has been parked in a parking lot of an apartment building on Bridge Street. Multiple scratches were found on the driver side door, the passenger side door and on the trunk.

Nov. 20, 2:02 p.m.: A Palfrey Street resident reported a scam involving gift cards. On Nov. 16, the resident got a call from someone claiming to be from the Xfinity promotions department. This caller said the resident could cut his bill in half and add movie channels to his account by purchasing a Best Buy gift card for $240. The resident did so and gave the pin number on the back to the caller. On Nov. 17, the man noticed he was not getting any new movie channels, so he called the number back. He was told there was a problem with the card he provided, and he was told to buy another Best Buy card for $200, which he did. On the 19th, he still was not getting the movie channels, so he called back a second time and was told to buy another $240 gift card. When HBO was not working on Nov. 20 the resident realized it was a scam and called police. When officers tried to call the number it no longer worked, and could not be traced. Police are investigating.

Nov. 21, 3:04 p.m.: Employees from CVS called Police after someone violated a trespassing order. A 65-year-old woman came into the store on Main Street who had been trespassed on a previous occasion. She had left CVS by the time officers arrived, but they located her in the rear parking lot. She said she was in the store, and said she had been told to use a different pharmacy. She was summonsed to Waltham District Court for trespassing.

Nov. 22, 8:45 a.m.: An Avon Road resident called police after discovering someone had broken into the home. On Nov. 21, someone entered the house between 4 and 8 p.m. through a second story window. A bedroom was ransacked. It appears that the residents were home when the break-in occurred, but they did not realize it occurred until the next morning when they went into the room.

Nov. 22, 8:59 a.m.: A Sunnybank Road resident came home and discovered someone had broken into the home. The incident occurred between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Police believe the intruder came in through a first floor window and that the person was scared off by an upstairs tenant. The upstairs tenant found the back door ajar and realized someone had been there.

Nov. 22, 11:28 a.m.: Police went to a Middlesex Road home for a small fire. The resident received a call from a neighbor telling him that his trash barrel was on fire. The blaze was extinguished with fire extinguisher and a garden hose. No damage was done to the home, but the barrel was melted. It is not known how it started. No one was injured. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *