On Tuesday, Massachusetts voters will choose several new statewide officers, including governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general, and have four ballot questions to consider. Locally, candidates for the State House and other offices are running unopposed.
Polls will be open on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022, from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Who’s on the Ballot
Governor & Lieutenant Governor
Secretary of State
Incumbent Democrat Marilyn Pettito Devaney of Watertown is unopposed.
Democrat Will Brownsberger is running unopposed for re-election. No Republicans are on the ballot.
The two incumbent state reps, both Dems, will be running unopposed: Steve Owens and John Lawn. A change from previous elections due to redistricting is that Precinct 9 will now be in Lawn’s district (10th Middlesex) after previously being in Owen’s district (29th Middlesex).
Democrat Marian Ryan is unopposed.
Peter Koutoujian, a Democrat, has no opposition.
View Sample Ballots
View Ballot Question Information
Early Voting by Mail
To request an early vote by mail ballot:
- The deadline to request a mail-in ballot was Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 5:00 PM.
- Your ballot request must be signed by the applicant in order to process your request.
- Your ballot will be mailed to the address you put on the application.
All ballots returned in person or by drop box must be delivered by 8:00 PM on Election Day. Ballots returned by mail from inside the United States must reach your local election office by 8:00 PM on November 12, 2022 in order to be counted. Mailed ballots received after 8:00 PM on Election Day can only be counted if they are postmarked by Election Day.
Ballots cannot be dropped off at a polling place on Election Day
You can Track Your Ballot to ensure that it has been received and processed.
To check what precinct you are in, where you will vote, and who is on your ballot, enter your address on the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s website (click here).
2022 Watertown Election Locations
- Precinct 1: Hellenic Center
- Precinct 2: Hosmer School
- Precinct 3: Hellenic Center
- Precinct 4: Phillips School
- Precinct 5: Phillips School
- Precinct 6: Hibernian Hall
- Precinct 7: Watertown Middle School
- Precinct 8: Watertown Middle School
- Precinct 9: Watertown Middle School
- Precinct 10: Watertown Police Station
- Precinct 11: Cunniff School
- Precinct 12: Cunniff School
Have questions about voting/elections? Contact the City Clerk’s Office via email, or by calling 617-972-6486.