State Sen. Will Brownsberger announced that he is hiring a Director of Constituent Services in his State House office.
Brownsberger’s district includes Watertown, Belmont and parts of Boston. See the partial job description below:
The Director of Constituent Services is the key contact and manager for constituent assistance for a Senator’s district. In collaboration with, and at the direction of the Senator and Chief of Staff, the Director of Constituent Services acts as a liaison with federal, state, and local entities and utilizes a variety of strategies, tools, and skills to resolve constituent problems and facilitate the delivery of public services. The Director of Constituent Services reports to the Chief of Staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and respond to constituent requests for help resolving problems or for assistance in receiving services, products, or benefits from federal, state, local or private-sector providers.
- Communicate across municipal, state, and federal agencies, advocacy groups, and local and statewide organizations to address constituent concerns and problems.
- Maintain up-to-date records and tracking of constituent contacts and casework files.
- Provide constituents with regular casework progress updates.
- Maintain relationships with legislative liaisons in federal, state, and local agencies and offices for facilitation of constituent casework.
- Attend district events and meetings with the Senator or on their behalf.
- Plan and execute district meetings and events for the Senator.
- Prepare and draft letters, citations, resolutions, and other documents for constituents and special events.
- Routinely report constituent workload progress, trends, issues, opportunities and problems to the Senator and Chief of Staff.
See the entire job announcement and how to apply by clicking here.