Applications for nominations for the Watertown Historic Commission 2017 Historical Preservation Awards are being accepted and must be received by April 6, 2017, Town officials announced.
The Watertown Historical Commission Preservation Awards can be awarded to any individual, organization or project that has contributed to the preservation or recognition of Watertown’s Historic resources.
There are seven award categories which a nominee may be considered. The completed form is due in the Historical Commission office by April 6, 2017.
- The Richard E. Mastrangelo Memorial Award is given to any individual elected or employed by the Town of Watertown who has actively been a champion in supporting the preservation of a Historical Resource.
- The Citizenship Award is given to any individual who has taken a leadership role in the effort to educate the community-at-large about local historical preservation issues or concerns.
- The Community Spirit Award is given to any individual who has taken a leadership role in the advancement of appreciation for Watertown’s unique cultural make up.
- The Service to Youth Award is given to any individual, group or project directed at the children of Watertown which fosters the study of subjects of local historical interest or encourages the participation of children in subjects of historical preservation.
- The Architectural Preservation Award is given to any individual, group or project associated with the betterment of any building within Watertown that exhibits the use of architectural restoration standards or methods.
- The Environmental Preservation Award is given to an individual, group, or project associated with the betterment of any property within Watertown which exercises techniques that restore the property of active community or private uses and or displays a beautification to any property which had previously fallen into disrepair or neglect.
- The Historical Resources Preservation Award is given to any individual, group or project which supports the efforts of preserving historical resources and provides accessibility to them to the entire community.
The 2017 Historical Preservation Awards Ceremony will be held Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 7 p.m. at the Commander’s Mansion, 440 Talcott Avenue, Watertown MA 02472
Get the Historical Preservation Awards Nomination Packet here: http://www.watertown-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/21658
If you have any questions regarding the 2017 Preservation Award contact Susan C. Jenness at the Conservation/Preservation office at 617-972-6426, email@example.com