Watertown residents can dispose of hazardous household waste this month at the collection facility in Lexington.
The facility accepts a range of items, including paints, aerosol cans, mercury, kitchen and laundry cleaners, garden chemicals, car fluids (not oil) and batteries, hair dye and propane tanks. See a complete list of accepted products here: http://www.ci.watertown.ma.us/DocumentCenter/View/22873
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection August 12, 2017
Location: Lexington Department of Public Works201 Bedford Street, Lexington, MA 02420
Time: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Registration: Pre-registration is not required and the event is free of charge to Watertown residents. However, when you attend any one of the 2017 HHW Collection Events, you must have an ID or utility bill displaying your Watertown address.
Collect Household Hazardous Products:
• Be efficient. Consolidate and combine household hazardous waste with your neighbors to keep costs down and this program in place for future years.
• Please bring at least 10 gallons or 10 pounds of household hazardous waste.
• Only household quantities will be accepted under the household hazardous waste collection program.
• Latex paint is not accepted. See next page for latex paint disposal options.
• Never mix chemicals, store different items in different boxes.
• Tighten caps and lids.
• Leave materials in original containers.
• Pad boxes with newspapers to minimize spills.
• Pack your vehicle and drive directly to the site.
• Do not take a bicycle to the facility for the transport of household hazardous waste; use your vehicle for the transport.
• Never smoke while handling hazardous material. Important Information:
• If you need further information about the HHW Collection Events, please contact the Watertown Health Department at (617) 972-6446.
• If you are unable to attend one of the above events, you may attend pay-as-you-go events held at the Clean Harbors Facility in Braintree. Contact them directly at (781) 380-7100 for available dates and times.
Directions to the HHW Collection Events at Lexington DPW, 201 Bedford Street, Lexington, MA 02420: 1. From Route 128 take Exit 31A (MA-225 E/MA-4 S/Bedford St toward Lexington). 2. Merge onto MA-225 E/MA-4/Bedford Street. 3. Travel 0.6 miles and the Lexington DPW will be on your left immediately after the bike path.