The Watertown Recreation Department announced that renovation work at the Howe Dog Park has been completed, and is now open.
The dog park is located off Pleasant Street on Bacon Street. The Recreation Department sent out the following announcement:
The Howe Dog Park located at 62 Bacon Street is open.
Please enjoy our new renovated amenity, but please follow all rules and regulations.
Special thanks to our DPW Parks Department for their ongoing support of our recreational facilities.
The rules of the dog park, according to the “Responsible Dog Ownership in Watertown” are:
The use of the Watertown Dog Park owned by Watertown is restricted to Watertown residents. The Watertown owned Dog Park is subject to the following rules, which are needed for the safe and lawful enjoyment of Watertown’s open space by everyone:
• Dogs must display current WATERTOWN DOG LICENSE at all times.
• Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the fenced area.
• Adhere to posted park hours.
• Dogs must never be left unattended.
• Owners must pick up and dispose of all dog waste immediately.
• Each person is limited to 3 dogs.
• No food or smoking allowed in the park.
• Park use is at your own risk. The Town of Watertown is not responsible for injury or damage arising from use of the park.
• Violators of these rules are subject to removal from the area and/or fines. Fines start at $25.00-$50.00 and increase for subsequent offenses.