The group applying to operate an adult use marijuana facility in Watertown will host a community meeting to provide information about the facility to the public, and to get input.
The meeting will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019 in the Third Floor Conference Room in Town Hall at 6:30 p.m.
Natural Selections, applying as NS AJO Holdings Inc., has already been approved to run a medical marijuana facility at 23 Elm St. in Watertown, and now seeks to also sell for adult use (also called recreational use).
To be approved, the applicants must get a special permit approved by the Zoning Board of Appeals, the Town Council must agree to a host community agreement and the state’s Cannabis Control Commission must approve it.
The following information was provided by the Town of Watertown:
NOTICE OF COMMUNITY MEETING:
PROPOSAL OF NS AJO HOLDINGS INC. d/b/a NATURAL SELECTIONS FOR AN ADULT USE MARIJUANA RETAIL ESTABLISHMENT 23 ELM STREET, BUILDING 2
August 21, 2019
Watertown Town Hall,149 Main Street
Third Floor Conference Room
Members of the public are encouraged to attend the Meeting at which Natural Selections will outline its proposal to apply for an Adult Use Marijuana Retail Establishment license at 23 Elm Street, Building 2 (the “Property”) pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 94G and Chapter 55 of the Acts of 2017, and other applicable laws and regulations promulgated thereunder, including those promulgated by the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission.
Information presented at the Community Outreach Meeting will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- The type of Marijuana Establishment to be located at the Property;
- Information adequate to demonstrate that the proposed Marijuana Establishment location will be maintained securely;
- Steps to be taken by the Marijuana Establishment to prevent diversion to minors;
- A plan by the Marijuana Establishment to positively impact the community; and
- Information adequate to demonstrate that the location will not constitute a nuisance to the community by noise, odor, dust, glare, fumes, vibration, heat, or other conditions likely to cause nuisance.
See the documents submitted to the town in the Project Folder: https://www.watertown-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/Index/1724
Members of the Watertown community will be encouraged to ask questions and to engage in discussions with representatives of Natural Selections.