The following information was provided by MassDOT:
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing that it will be implementing a left lane closure on Interstate 90 eastbound and westbound at Commonwealth Avenue and Woodland Road in Newton starting April 20, and continuing through April 30. These closures will establish temporary work zones to support concrete substructure repair work.
The work will be nightly as follows:
· A left lane closure on I-90 eastbound from 7:00 p.m., to 5:00 a.m.
· A left lane closure on I-90 westbound from 8:00 p.m., to 5:00 a.m.
In order to allow crews to safely and effectively conduct this operation, a typical work zone will be implemented.
Appropriate signage, law enforcement details, and advanced message boards will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
Drivers who are traveling through the area should reduce speed, and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and may be impacted due to an emergency.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.