Watertown residents can head to Town Hall beginning Saturday to cast their ballot in the Presidential Election.
This election, there will be 14 days of early, in-person voting at Town Hall, 149 Main St., Watertown. COVID-19 social distancing measures will be taken in the voting areas, including plexiglass between poll workers and voters, pens only being used once and voting booths being spaced at least 6 feet apart. Early voting dates and times are listed below.
Ballots have already begun to stream into the Watertown Town Clerk’s Office. Mail-in ballots can be returned to the drop box outside of Town Hall, and as of Tuesday morning, Town Clerk John Flynn had already received 200 ballots. The box has been moved from its location during September’s Preliminary Election. It now sits on the Saltonstall Park side of Town Hall and has stars and stripes on the side.
Along with the race for President, the ballot also includes contested races for U.S. Senator, Congress and two statewide ballot questions. Voters in Precincts 1-9 also have two ballot questions for the 29th Middlesex State Representative District.
Election day is Tuesday, Nov. 3 and polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. View a sample ballot and find out where your voting location is on Nov. 3 by clicking here: http://www.wheredoivotema.com/bal/myelectioninfo.aspx
The last day to register to vote is Saturday, Oct. 24. The Town Clerk’s Office in Town Hall will be open from 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. to register in person. Massachusetts citizens can also register online by visiting Secretary Galvin’s website at www.sec.state.ma.us and clicking the “Massachusetts Register to Vote Online” button to access the online application system.
Early Voting Dates & Times
(Early voting takes place at Watertown Town Hall, 149 Main St.)
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 18, 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 19, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 8:30 a.m.-5 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 21, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 22, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 23, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 24, 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 25, 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 26, 8:30 a.m-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 28, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 29, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 30, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.