The following announcement was provided by the Watertown Police Department:
WINTER PARKING BAN 2021 – 2022
Watertown Chief of Police Michael P. Lawn has announced the 2021-2022 Winter Parking Ban dates.
Effective Monday November 29, 2021 and continuing to April 1, 2022 the Winter Parking Ban will be in effect and strictly enforced. The regulation reads in part; “No vehicle may remain on any public way for more than one hour between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. all days of the week.”
For residents who lack sufficient off-street parking, the Town allows for temporary parking at any municipal parking lot and other locations noted:
• The police station at 552 Main Street (visitor’s parking lot only)
• Any public school parking lot
• Marion Road parking lot at Victory Field
• O’Connell Park, (lot at the corner of Boylston Street and Mt Auburn Street)
• Grove Street parking lot at Filippello Park (No parking in the spaces along the driveway)
• 101 Morse Street – 14 spaces at the rear of the parking lot (currently being constructed, available once completed)
Please note that these locations may be used free of charge, however vehicles may only use available spaces after 7 p.m. and must be removed by 7 a.m. the following day. Vehicles must be removed from school property no later than 6 a.m. Violators may be towed.
Please remember that parking your vehicle upon any sidewalk is prohibited. Your cooperation in keeping the streets clear of overnight parking and your sidewalks clear of snow and ice will make for safer driving and walking conditions and at the same time, allow the opportunity for the Public Works Department to perform necessary street cleaning and maintenance.
Michael P. Lawn
Chief of Police