The following information was provided by Minuteman High School:
Seventeen students from Minuteman High School received medals in the SkillsUSA Massachusetts District Technical Competitions this month. More than 370,000 vocational-technical students participate in SkillsUSA competitions nationwide annually.
Students demonstrate their skills in their career technical areas of study, employability, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines. A total of 56 Minuteman students representing 13 career technical education majors competed. Of the 17 students who won medals, 6 received gold, 8 silver, and 3 bronze. The gold and silver medalists will continue onto compete at the States competition at Blackstone Valley Vocational Technical High School on April 29.
Minuteman’s SkillsUSA faculty advisors, Kristina Juzyn and Denise D’Ambrosia, took photos of the students as they informed them that they had won medals to get candid reactions. The students were elated when they received the news.
The student medalists are: GOLD
- River Araujo in the Additive Manufacturing contest. Araujo is a grade 10 Engineering student from Acton.
- Alexis Farrow in the Additive Manufacturing contest. Farrow is a grade 10 Engineering student from Needham.
- Casey King in the CNC (Computer Numeric Control) Turning contest. King is a grade 11 Advanced Manufacturing student from Lexington.
- Laryssa Maia in the Culinary Arts contest. Maia is a grade 10 Culinary Arts student from Belmont.
- Marc-Andre Noel in the Plumbing contest. Noel is a grade 11 Plumbing student from Medford.
- Olivia O’Neill in the Carpentry contest. O’Neill is a grade 11 Carpentry student from Lexington.
- Annie Brosnan in the Carpentry contest. Brosnan is a grade 11 Carpentry student from Arlington.
- Maria-Eduarda DaSilva in the Early Education contest. DaSilva is a grade 12 Early Education and Teaching student from Arlington.
- Amalia Findeis in the Commercial Baking contest. Findeis is a grade 11 Culinary Arts and Hospitality student from Belmont.
- Koi Green in the Computer Programming contest. Green is a grade 12 Programming and Web Development student from Arlington.
- Charles Pressey in the CNC Milling contest. Pressey is a grade 10 Advanced Manufacturing student from Belmont.
- Lyra Saucier in the Advertising Design contest. Saucier is a grade 11 Design and Visual Communications student from Acton.
- Ojas Thakur in the Automotive Service Technology contest. Thakur is a grade 12 Automotive Technology student from Acton.
- Bradley Winters in the CNC Turning contest. Winters is a grade 12 Advanced Manufacturing student from Lexington.
- Connor Mackenzie in the Web Design contest. Mackenzie is a grade 11 Programming and Web Development student from Watertown.
- Sophia Magdaleno in the First Aid/CPR contest. Magdaleno is a grade 11 Health Assisting student from Stow.
- Bud Patterson in the Web Design contest. Patterson is a grade 11 Programming and Web Development student from Bolton.