The following announcement was provided by Watertown Cable:
Watertown residents of all ages are invited to sign up for WCA-TV’s free in-person workshops, which will take place this Spring from the end of April through mid June.
A few select remote workshops will also be available. These hands-on workshops range from learning how to produce your own tv show from start to finish, to creating and developing your own podcast. All in-person workshops will take place at our studio located at 50 Columbia Street in Watertown. Masks will be required indoors regardless of vaccination status.
Below is a list of available workshops and the dates/times they will take place:
- Television Production: Mondays, April 25th – May 16th, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Field Camera Production: Tuesdays, April 26th – May 17th, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Digital Video Editing: Wednesdays, April 27th – May 18th, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Field Lighting: May 23rd – May 25th, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- News Production: June 6th – June 9th, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Intro to Podcasting: Tuesday, June 14th, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Go Pro & 360 Camera: Wednesday, June 15th, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- After Effects: Motion Tracking: Tuesday, May 31st, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- How to: Image Tracing: Wednesday, June 1st, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
To register for a workshop, go to wcatv.rueshare.com/Account/Register and create an account. Please allow up to 48 hours for a staff member to approve your membership. Once approved, you will be able to log in through wcatv.rueshare.com and sign up for workshops on the homepage or in the “classes” tab. If you have any questions about how to sign up or use RueShare, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website wcatv.org for more information.
Since 2005, Watertown Cable Access Corp (WCA-TV) has been Watertown’s Public, Education, & Government Access (PEG) station. Our mission is to provide local coverage of city wide meetings, events, and educational activities to the residents of Watertown, while providing a space for community members to learn and grow their knowledge of video production.