Dear Beloved Community,
I am writing to share that, after nine amazing and rewarding years as Executive Director at
Watertown Boys & Girls Club, I’ve decided that the timing is right for me to step back.
The Board of Directors of WBGC is working diligently to identify the individual who can best
lead our organization through its next phase of growth and impact.
A lot has been accomplished by the Club since 2013. A few of the accomplishments I am most
proud of include:
- Producing WBGC’s first State Youth of the Year Winner, Destiny S. in 2017
- The successful execution of our Great Futures Capital Campaign leading to renovations to increase accessibility, improve safety and create Watertown’s first and only Teen Center
- Additional facility renovations including the gym, the pool, the education lab, and the multipurpose room
- Increasing our membership from 700 to 1,400 members
- Many successful Watertown Wavemaker’s Swim Team seasons
- Expanding the organization’s programmatic offerings to serve the diverse needs of our Club members and community
For 11 years, from the ages of 7 to 18, I was a member of Watertown Boys & Girls Club. I grew up within the walls of this Club. My Great Future was nurtured and stoked by the caring and dedicated staff.
On March 4, 2013, I started my DREAM JOB as Executive Director of WBGC.
Over the past 9 years, I have continued to grow inside the walls of this Club. With the support of the staff, board and community, I have continued to develop and refine my leadership and management skills, grown in my compassion and empathy, improved my communication and public speaking abilities and learned innumerable lessons from the kids we serve.
I have spent literally half of my life (20 years) at Watertown Boys & Girls Club. The decision to move on was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. It has been a labor of love and if I had to do it all over again, I would, in a heartbeat!
This is an exciting time for Watertown Boys & Girls Club, as this leadership transition will create a powerful opportunity to identify a future-oriented leader who has a new vision for what’s possible for our Club, our kids, and our community.
I wish to thank all the Club members, their families, the current and former staff and board members and community supporters who motivated and inspired me each day to BE GREAT.
With the deepest gratitude