Fire on Gore Place Property Doused by Watertown Firefighters

Print More

Contributed Flames from a blaze on the Gore Estate can be seen from the back of a home on Edward Road.

Watertown firefighters doused a blaze on the property of Gore Place which the Fire Department believes was started by illegal fireworks.

On Saturday, July 23 at about 10:30 p.m. the Watertown Fire Department received a report of a fire on the Gore Estate property. The fire occurred near homes on Edward Road, according to Acting Fire Chief Ryan Nicholson.

“We believe it was caused by fireworks, due to some remnants, but it is difficult to determine because illegal fireworks are set off frequently in that area,” Nicholson said.

Contributed

Watertown Firefighters put out the fire on the Gore Estate property, which they suspect was started by illegal fireworks.

The fire burned an estimated area of 50 yards by 30 yards, he added. The recent heatwave also contributed to the fire.

“The conditions have been very dry and that aided in the ignition and spread of the fire on the terrain,” Nicholson said.

No firefighters were injured during the incident and the fire did not damage any structures.

One thought on “Fire on Gore Place Property Doused by Watertown Firefighters

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.