WCA-TV has exciting news – Spring Workshops are just around the corner! From learning how to edit in Adobe Premiere to hands-on experience with our field cameras, lighting kits, and studio equipment, there is a workshop for everyone!
Brand new Orientation Workshops are available on a monthly basis. These workshops will give a brief overview of WCA-TV, our services and offerings, and a basic training on our field cameras, so you’ll be able to check cameras out right away! An Orientation Workshop is required to sign up for subsequent workshops.
Sign ups for all Fall Workshops begin on Monday, January 23rd.
Find the workshops with their dates and times below:
● Multi Camera Studio Production: (4 person minimum) Tuesdays, Feb 21st – March 14th, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
● Field Camera Production: Wednesdays, Feb. 22nd – March 15th, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
● Intro to Podcasting: Monday, Feb. 27th, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
● Intro to Field Audio: Monday, March 6th, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
● Digital Video Editing: Mondays, March 20th – April 10th, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
● Intro to Field Lighting: Tuesdays, March 21st – April 4th, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
● Color Correction: Tuesday, April 11th, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
● Pre-Production: Wednesday, April 12th, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Head to wcatv.org/workshops to find out more about each session and learn how to register! If you don’t already have an account with us, you can create a membership on our RueShare platform. Please allow up to 48 hours for a staff member to approve your membership. Once approved, you will be able to log in through wcatv.rueshare.com and sign up for workshops on the homepage or in the “classes” tab. If you have any questions about how to sign up or use RueShare, email email@example.com, or visit our website wcatv.org for more information!
Classes with more than one session are $50 for members, $25 for students, and $100 for a full non-profit group. Classes with just one session are $25 for members, $10 for students, and $50 for a full non-profit group.
Since 2005, Watertown Cable Access Corp (WCA-TV) has been Watertown’s Public, Education, & Government Access (PEG) station. Our mission is to provide local coverage of city wide meetings, events, and educational activities to the residents of Watertown, while providing a space for community members to learn and grow their knowledge of video production.