The following announcement was provided by the Watertown Recreation Department:
The Watertown Recreation Department is now accepting applications for the following positions for the 2023 calendar year. This includes immediate employment as a part time member of the staff throughout the year or seasonal work during different seasons of the year. Applicants must be entering the 9th grade (Fall 2023) or older to be considered.
Positions Available: Program Directors, Program Supervisors, Program Staff, Program Counselors, Counselor in Training, Nurse, Specialists, Pequossette Staff, Park Instructors, Park Rangers, Tennis Supervisor, Coaches and Scorekeepers.
If you are looking for employment to begin before the summer season, please complete your application and an interview will be scheduled with the Director of Recreation as soon as your application is completed.
For all new applicants, the following documentation must be completed and returned to the Watertown Recreation Department as soon as employment is desired on or before Monday, April 3, 2023.
Applications could be accepted after this date depending on need but cannot be guaranteed.
• Cover Letter (Word Document/PDF)
• Current Resume (Word Document/PDF)
• Letter of Reference (Word Document/PDF) – Can wait after interview.
• Application for Employment – Recreation Section Included
• All new candidates will be interviewed by the Director of Recreation
• All new employees must provide documentation for First Aid, AED, and CPR after 6 months of hire.
• New hires will have 6 months from their date of employment to complete First Aid, AED, and CPR Certification
o The American Red Cross and other health providers offer First Aid, AED and CPR Certifications.
• All applicants will also complete CORI and SORI forms, and other documents as part of the application process.
Applications will not be considered until all documents are filled out.
All new applicants will be interviewed by the Director of Recreation, Peter Centola, once your application packet is complete.
Positions will be open until filled and candidates must be available to work on the days and times required of the position.
Most positions will be filled by May 5, 2023, or sooner.
Send all correspondence to:
Peter Centola, Director of Recreation
Administration Building n
149 Main Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Feel free to email the application as a WORD, PDF or scanned document. This method is preferred. No Google Docs please. Please send the application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact the Watertown Recreation Department at 617-972-6494 or email email@example.com.
CLICK HERE for the application packet.