The following information was provided by the City of Watertown:
The Watertown Historical Commission is holding the 2023 Preservation Awards event for the first time in several years and is soliciting nominations from the public.
Please drop off, mail or email completed nomination forms to: Watertown Historical Commission Office, Administration Building, 149 Main Street, Watertown, MA 02472 by Wednesday, April 12, 2023.
If you have any questions, please call 617-972-6426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the date: Please join us on Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 7:00 PM for the ceremony at the Carriage House at Gore Place, 52 Gore Street, Waltham. A reception to follow.
The Watertown Preservation Awards Categories:
- The Richard E. Mastrangelo Memorial Award for any elected individual, or an employee of Watertown for taking a leadership role as a champion supporting the preservation of a Historical Resource.
- The Citizenship Award for taking a leadership role in educating members of the community about local historical preservation issues or concerns in Watertown.
- The Community Spirit Award for taking a leadership role in the advancement of sharing appreciation for Watertown’s own unique cultural make up.
- The Service to Youth Award for taking a leadership role in directing or fostering youth in the activity of studying Watertown’s local history or encouraging youth participation in historical preservation of the City.
- The Architectural Preservation Award for taking a leadership role in bettering any building within Watertown exhibiting the use of architectural restoration standards and/or methods.
- The Environmental Preservation Award for taking a leadership role in bettering any property within Watertown using techniques that restore the property of active community, or private use that upon completion displays a beautification which had previously fallen into disrepair or neglect.
- The Historical Resources Preservation Award for taking a leadership role that supports Watertown’s efforts of preserving historical resources and provides accessibility of them to the entire community.
- Home-owner Awards – Awards to homeowners for renovations that preserve or replicate historic architectural features of the exterior of their homes.
- Developer Awards – Awards to private developers who show a commitment to preserving the historic character of Watertown’s neighborhoods and commercial districts.
- Public/Non-Profit Project Awards – Awards to public officials and non-profit groups who lead projects that preserve the historic resources of the city or of organizations in Watertown.