On the two-year anniversary of the Watertown Shootout and Manhunt, hundreds celebrated the community spirit that followed those events during the Watertown Finish Strong 5K run and walk on Sunday.
More than 700 people came out for the race, which started on Arlington Street and went through the scene of the Watertown Shootout – the intersection of Dexter Avenue and Laurel Street. The 5K race ended at Tufts Health Plan.
The race was started by Erin Hurley, wife of Jeffrey Bauman, who lost both his legs during the Boston Marathon Bombing.
Top five male finisher:
- Paul Norton, Jamaica Plain, 16:22
- Jason Dunklee, Watertown, 16:34
- Christopher Leitz, Watertown, 16:59
- Glen McManus, Watertown, 18:31
- Richard Baggt, Watertown, 18:32
Top five female finisher:
- Lisa Engler, Belmont, 21:39
- Kimberly Thompson, Watertown, 22:15
- Jill Carretta, Waltham, 22:19
- Amy Johnson, Somerville, 22:22
- Christina Santini, Medford, 22:41
See the complete race results by clicking here.