The Watertown Community Foundation is preparing for the 2016 Watertown Helps Out day where people celebrate the town’s spirit by giving back.
The foundation sent out the following announcement:
Join us on Saturday, May 7th for this year’s Watertown Helps Out: A Volunteer Day.
Watertown Helps Out celebrates Watertown’s vibrant community spirit, and we encourage you to spend a few hours on May 7 giving back to our community. We hope to see you – come volunteer for a few hours with your family, a friend, or come and make new friends!
Choose from many volunteer opportunities, such as:
- Inventory library items and clean equipment at the Watertown Middle School
- Clean up Whitney Hill, Fillipello Park and other public spaces
- Garden, clean up and paint at the Watertown Boys & Girls Club
- Spring clean at Gore Place
- Plus options at Watertown Family Network, the Historical Society of Watertown, the Watertown Public Library and more…
Learn about all of the volunteer opportunities and register at: http://www.watertownfoundation.org/who2016
Before volunteering, come to the kickoff breakfast from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. on May 7th at The Arsenal Project at 485 Arsenal Street (inside, in front of Old Navy and Dunkin’ Donuts) to pick up your T-shirt and connect with other volunteers.
Stay updated on new volunteer opportunities and more on Facebook. And if you can spread the word about Watertown Helps Out by putting up a yard sign or a poster at your home or business, please email email@example.com