The Watertown Department of Public Works has declared a Snow Emergency, meaning on-street parking will be banned.
The Snow Emergency begins at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 and is in effect until further notice. Cars will not be allowed to be parked on the streets of Watertown at any time, and those on the street are subject to towing.
See options for parking your car if you do not have off-street parking and more information about the snow emergency below in the announcement from the Watertown DPW:
A winter weather event is predicted with high winds and between 3 to 6 inches of snow accumulation and potentially 8 to 10 inches depending upon where the storm’s rain/snow line forms. The Superintendent of Public Works has declared a snow emergency effective 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 7, 2018 and will remain in effect until further notice.
Parking Ban – On street parking will be banned and any motor vehicle left on the street will be subject to towing until further notice.
Winter Off-Street Parking – Residents are urged to use designated off street parking areas as listed below:
• Police Station at 552 Main Street
• Any public school parking lot
• Marion Road at Victory Field
• The lot at Boylston Street and Mt. Auburn Streets
Please remember – during a snow event, any vehicle parked at a school facility must be removed no later than 6 a.m. the day school resumes.
• During a storm travel conditions can be extremely poor and residents are advised to remain
• Please assist the Public Works, Fire and Police Department by keeping vehicles off the street and allowing our streets to be de iced and cleared from snow.
• Be patient as snow plowing operations are extremely difficult and time consuming.
• Please assist us in protecting your neighborhood by shoveling out the fire hydrant / drainage catch basins closest to your home or business.
• Remember the Public Works snow plow operators are working through extremely poor weather conditions trying to make every street accessible for public safety.
• Please do not attempt to stop the snow plow!
Updates regarding trash collection, parking restrictions and other town notifications will be posted at