The following information was provided by MassDOT:
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing that there will be overnight roadway construction operations on Interstate 95 northbound and southbound from exit 21 to exit 26 through Weston, Wellesley and Newton. The work, which will be conducted during overnight hours, will begin on Sunday, April 26, and continue through Thursday, April 30.
The roadway construction operations will require temporary overnight lane and ramp closures to facilitate guardrail repair, line striping and other related work as follows:
- Temporary lane closures will be in place nightly from 7:00 p.m., until 5:00 a.m.
- Temporary ramp closures will be in place nightly from 11:00 p.m., to 5:00 a.m.
Appropriate signage, law enforcement details, and advanced message boards will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
Drivers who are traveling through the area should reduce speed, and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and may be impacted due to an emergency.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
· Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
· Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
· Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
· Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.