Watertown Chief of Police Thomas F. Rocca has announced the 2023-2024 Winter Parking Ban dates.
Effective Monday, November 27, 2023 and continuing to Monday, April 1, 2024 the Winter Parking Ban will be in effect and strictly enforced. The regulation reads in part; “No vehicle may remain on any public way for more than one hour between the hours of 1AM and 6AM all days of the week”.
- For residents who lack sufficient off-street parking, the City allows for temporary parking at any municipal parking lot and other locations noted:
- Municipal parking lot Behind CVS at 27 Main Street – Use metered spaces only.
- Municipal parking lot Behind the Public Library – 123 Main Street
- Municipal parking lot Behind CVS at 655 Mt. Auburn Street – Use metered spaces only. Do not park in spaces designated for CVS, or other private businesses.
- The police station at 552 Main Street (visitor’s parking lot only)
- Any public school parking lot
- Victory Field parking lot
- O’Connell Park, (lot at the corner of Boylston Street and Mt Auburn Street)
- Filippello Park parking lot at 191 Grove Street (No parking in the spaces along the driveway)
- 101 Morse Street – 14 spaces at the rear of the parking lot (spaces are marked with yellow striping and signs)
- Parker Annex Building -– Former Parker Elementary School at 124 Watertown Street
Please note that these locations may be used free of charge, however vehicles may only use available spaces after 7 p.m. and must be removed by 7 a.m. the following day. Vehicles must be removed from school property no later than 6 a.m. Violators may be towed.
Please remember that parking your vehicle upon any sidewalk is prohibited. Your cooperation in keeping the streets clear of overnight parking and your sidewalks clear of snow and ice will make for safer driving and walking conditions and at the same time, allow the opportunity for the Public Works Department to perform necessary street cleaning and maintenance.