Perkins School for the Blind is hosting a workshop on Assistive Technology for Disability Services Staff on Feb. 1.
This workshop training provides:
- An overview of low vision, blindness, deaf/hard of hearing, and literacy related hardware and software
- Hands-on sessions with a variety of assistive technology software and devices, including innovative products new to the market within the last 12 months
- Presentation and discussion of case studies involving students with visual, hearing and multiple disabilities
- Introduction/discussion of accessibility features for iPhones, iPads and other Apple devices
- Website and course content accessibility including review and preparation for WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- An opportunity to meet and network with other professionals from local colleges and universities who are involved in disability services
There is a $75 fee for this workshop, which includes lunch.
For more information contact Ellen Hall, Business Development Manager, Perkins Solutions, 617-972-7748, firstname.lastname@example.org