The following information was provided by the Watertown Library:
As directed by Town Manager Michael Driscoll, the Watertown Free Public
Library will remain closed to the public until Monday, May 4th to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. This extends the Library’s previous closure period by four weeks.
Although the doors at 123 Main Street may be closed to the public, that doesn’t mean the Watertown Free Public Library has gone dark. In the past two weeks, the Library has increased digital collections of ebooks, audiobooks, movies, and news sources. Library staff are also creating online classes, demonstrations, and activities for kids to reach residents stuck at home.
Want to stay in the loop? The Library’s eNewsletter is the best way to learn about everything that the Library has to offer during the COVID-19 pandemic. Sign up at watertownlib.org/eNews
Don’t have a Library card? No problem. Any Massachusetts resident can open a new library card online and receive instant access to WFPL’s digital resources: library.minlib.net/selfreg
There are many ways to access the Library from home, and more online learning opportunities will be added in the coming weeks. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Story Time…via Facebook Live! | Mondays at 10 am, Tuesdays at 10:30 am, Thursdays at 11:00 am. | Head to facebook.com/watertownfpl to tune in.
- Story Time Video Library | The WFPL Children’s Department has created Story Time videos that you can watch anytime from home: watertownlib.org/storyvids
- Zoom Book Club for Grades 3-5| Wednesday April 15 | 7 pm | We’re reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone! It’s available for free via Overdrive. Learn more and register at bit.ly/3-5ClubApril
- Access books, movies, and learning games in the children’s eLibrary:
FOR ADULTS and TEENS
- Zoom Demo: Learn How to Bind a Book! | Friday, April 3 | 2 pm | Learn more and register at: bit.ly/PamphletWFPL
- Check out ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines from home with Overdrive and the Libby app: watertownlib.org/overdrive
- Instantly access music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics, TV shows, movies and more with Hoopla Digital: watertownlib.org/hoopla
- Stream movies and documentaries from home with Kanopy: watertownlib.org/kanopy
- Enjoy free digital access to the New York Times: watertownlib.org/NYTimes
- Access language learning, ancestry tools, digital magazines, and more in the eLibrary: watertownlib.org/eLibrary
About WFPL: The Watertown Free Public Library provides access to a wide variety of popular materials, resources, services, and programs that fulfill the informational, cultural and recreational needs of Watertown and surrounding communities. WFPL works to create an environment that attracts and welcomes users of all ages and abilities. Watertownlib.org