The following information came from New Rep Theatre:
Watertown Historical Moving Plays: The Charles W. Lenox Experience — an immersive and educational theatrical experience.
Script by Ken Green, directed by Michael Ofori.
Sept. 26 to Nov. 8, 2020
Outdoors in Watertown, 60 minutes
New Rep Theatre has partnered with the Watertown Free Public Library and the Historical Society of Watertown to bring to you Watertown Historical Moving Plays, an immersive and educational theatrical experience that leads participants on a stroll through historical sites in Watertown.
This fall, travel back to the Civil War era with Charles W. Lenox, a Black Watertown-based barber who enlisted as a Private on February 28, 1863. Lenox will lead groups through significant stops in his life, such as the site of his barbershop and the Civil War monument.
As these tours take place in public facilities and on sidewalks, these tours are fully accessible to visitors who use wheelchairs or mobility devices. Our staff will review the tour route for any obstructions or inaccessible pathways in advance of the tour. Please be advised that this tour involves up to 60 minutes of walking and standing with minimal opportunities to sit down.
New Repertory Theatre is working with Ellice Patterson as an Accessibility Consultant on this production.
ASL Interpretation – Oct. 4, 2020, 1 p.m.
Audio Description – Oct. 18, 2020, 1 p.m.
Health & Safety
To ensure the health and safety of all staff, artists, and participants, each outing will strictly abide by the following guidelines:
- All staff and participants must wear a mask at all times
- The actor will wear a PPE face shield, and will be required to check for a fever or other COVID-19 symptoms daily
- Each outing will have a maximum capacity of fifteen participants
- Hand sanitizer will be available
- Markers will be placed at each site to ensure participants maintain a minimum distance of six feet between parties.
- Tickets may not be purchased in person (only online or over the phone). Participants will be asked to show, but not hand, their ticket confirmation before the tour begins. This is to avoid cross-contamination by handling tickets.
A New Rep staff member will accompany each group’s outing to help maintain our health and safety guidelines.