The City of Watertown made the following announcement:
Reminder, effective today, January 2, 2023 and continuing to April 1, 2023 the Winter Parking Ban is back in effect and strictly enforced. The regulation reads in part; “No vehicle may remain on any public way for more than one hour between the hours of 1AM and 6AM all days of the week.”
For residents who lack sufficient off-street parking, the City allows for temporary parking at any municipal parking lot and other locations noted:
– The police station at 552 Main Street (visitor’s parking lot only)
– Any public school parking lot- Victory Field parking lot- O’Connell Park, 341 Mt. Auburn Street (lot at the corner of Boylston Street and Mt Auburn Street only)
– Filippello Park parking area, 191 Grove Street (No parking in the spaces along the driveway)
– 101 Morse Street – 14 spaces at the rear of the parking lot (currently being constructed, available once completed)
Please remember that parking your vehicle upon any sidewalk is prohibited. Your cooperation in keeping the streets clear of overnight parking and your sidewalks clear of snow and ice will make for safer driving and walking conditions and at the same time, allow the opportunity for the Public Works Department to perform necessary street cleaning and maintenance.
There are two municipal lots in Watertown Square:
– Behind CVS at 27 Main Street – Use metered spaces only
– Behind the Public Library – 123 Main Street
There is one municipal lot in Coolidge Square:
– Behind CVS at 655 Mt. Auburn Street – Use metered spaces only. DO NOT PARK IN SPACES DESIGNATED FOR CVS, CITIZEN’S BANK OR OTHER PRIVATE BUSINESSES.
Please note that these locations may be used free of charge, however vehicles may only use available spaces after 7PM and must be removed by 7AM the following day. Vehicles must be removed from school property no later than 6AM. Violators may be towed.
For more parking information go to: https://watertown-ma.gov/755/Winter-Parking-Ban-Information