Fire on Gore Place Property Doused by Watertown Firefighters
ContributedFlames from a blaze on the Gore Estate can be seen from the back of a home on Edward Road. Watertown firefighters doused a blaze on the property of Gore Place which the Fire Department believes was started by illegal fireworks. On Saturday, July 23 at about 10:30 p.m. the Watertown Fire Department received a report of a fire on the Gore Estate property. The fire occurred near homes on Edward Road, according to Acting Fire Chief Ryan Nicholson. “We believe it was caused by fireworks, due to some remnants, but it is difficult to determine because illegal fireworks are set off frequently in that area,” Nicholson said.